Our Happy Clients
CSSW takes care all my business information technology. I don't have to worry about my computers, networks or staff not working. Thanks team for taking care of us.
Imagine if your CEO or CFO or other occupants of your company were successfully hacked? How much of your files would be jeopardized? If just thinking about this scenario makes you ill, there are some preventative measures you can take.
Measures to Protect the “C” Suite
People in the executive suite are driven folks who always want to succeed. Though they are pretty much on-target with their business decisions, they also take risks, that others may avoid. Your company needs to educate them about the importance of computer system security and integrity.
One way to do this is by appealing to their desire to make large profits so that the board and other company stakeholders are enthusiastic about the senior management staff. Data breaches at your company can have significant short and long-term impact.
- Remind them that industries that are highly regulated can be subject to punitive actions that include fines. Recently, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) began tough enforcement of HIPAA regulations. Some providers received fines of $2 million or more.
- Today, the cost of resolving a breached file is about $355. If you have files numbering in the tens of thousands the cost is hefty.
- Some data is powerful if it falls into a competitor’s hands. Think of what they would do with intellectual property, customer lists, rollout plans and such – your competitive advantage is greatly reduced. In fact, your company could face bankruptcy after a breach occurs.
Steps “C” Suite Executives Can Use to Protect Themselves from Phishing and Other Cyber Crimes
On the first day of work for a new executive, teach them the basics of self-cyber protection. There are just a few rules they need follow to increase their cyber safety.
- Never open an email or email attachment from an individual or entity they don’t know;
- Never download anything from a website they have not heard of before; and
- If your company is one that has a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, make sure that all devices used by C-level employees are password protected – even better is if the device requires two-stage authentication and the second method is a form of biometrics.
Is Your Company Secure?
If your data is breached, then you surely know your security needs improvement. But, what if you could gauge your IT security before your vulnerabilities are exploited? That would be better than waiting for the inevitable breach unsecured systems will fall victim to.
KnowBe4 is a new kind of IT security firm that offers free testing of your company’s vulnerability to phishing. Vulnerability tests available include:
- Phishing security test;
- Email exposure check; and
- Domain spoof test
Partner with KnowBe4
The old way of training employees about online security is no longer useful in today’s world of highly sophisticated black hatters with equipment that equals or surpasses that of many target companies. These criminals run several types of attacks that are nearly impossible to defend against with just antivirus, anti-phishing software.
KnowBe4 offers an intensive security training program that includes:
- Baseline testing;
- User training;
- Phish your company’s users; and
- Through enterprise level reporting see the results in stats and graphs that enhance training. Call KnowBe4 today for a free demo and phishing test.
Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training 2016, a service offered by KnowBe4, specializes in making sure employees understand the mechanisms of spam, phishing, spear-phishing, malware and social engineering; and are able to apply this knowledge in their day-to-day job. You get high quality web-based interactive training combined with common traps, live demonstration videos, short comprehension tests, and scenario-based Danger Zone exercises.